Senior Internal Auditor
Strong preference provided to candidates local to Colorado; relocation assistance/consideration not provided
Position resides in Corporate office (in office setting; not remote)
Join our TEAM! Brundage-Bone Concrete Pumping and Eco-Pan, Inc. (also known as Concrete Pumping Holdings (NASDAQ: BBCP) has an immediate opening for a full-time, experienced, Senior Internal Auditor in our corporate office based in Thornton, CO. Reporting to the Internal Audit Manager, this position is responsible for providing internal audit services across the Company (US and UK operations). Key responsibilities include developing and executing audit plans, identifying internal control weaknesses, lack of compliance with internal procedures/policies, and related actionable recommendations under the direction of the Internal Audit Manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Participate in multiple audits across the Company’s subsidiaries and locations in the United States and United Kingdom.
- Build an understanding of the business and potential risks hindering the Company from meeting its objectives.
- Develop and execute audit plans related to processes and controls around financial and operational risks.
- Complete assigned tasks and meet project deadlines.
- Provide regular status updates of ongoing projects, including any obstacles or concerns.
- Recognize internal control weaknesses, lack of compliance with internal procedures and policies, or other processes that result in inadequate, inefficient, or ineffective operations.
- Communicate clearly and directly with department directors and senior management.
- Present valuable feedback and actionable recommendations to implement or enhance existing controls.
- Prepare executive summaries and detail reports of audit results for internal and limited external reference.
- Help drive audit efficiency, including being a liaison between external auditors and management.
- This position does not supervise other employees at this time, but may provide oversight of consultants utilized by the Company.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related
- CIA or CPA Certification required
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 2-3 years of audit experience, Big 4 preferred.
- Knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley legislation, including related frameworks (COSO).
- Knowledge of IT applications and impact on business processes.
- Background in performing audits (document process flows/narratives, assess design/operational effectiveness of internal controls).
- Ability to carry out fieldwork with little or no supervision and manage expectations on a day to day basis.
- Strong project management skills and ability to plan and manage projects, ensuring deliverable and work- plan specifications and deadlines are met.
- Excellent organizational skills, high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent critical thinking skills and ability to be flexible in an evolving environment.
- Intermediate to advanced technical skills in Microsoft Office tools, especially Excel
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including customer service/relationship management skills
- Flexible, dependable, confident and accountable
- Desire to evolve and grow as organization evolves
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Travel, as permitted, both foreign and domestic may be necessary (0-10% travel)
- Works in an indoor office relatively free from environmental conditions or hazards
- Use of office equipment and computers
- Occasional lifting of supplies and materials (up to 20 lbs.)
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The incumbent selected for this position is eligible for a base salary range of $70,000 - $80,000 (depending on experience) plus a discretionary bonus. We are pleased to offer a comprehensive benefits program to our valued employees and your family members. In the following pages, you will learn more about the benefits available to you, including:
- Bundled medical plan with dental AND vision coverage
- Telehealth for virtual doctor visits at no charge
- Company-paid life and AD&D insurance for employees; Company-paid life insurance for our employee’s spouse/children
- Voluntary life and AD&D insurance for employees and their spouse/children
- Voluntary short-term or long-term disability
- Company-funded health savings account
- Voluntary dependent/elder care flexible spending account (elder must be an IRS tax dependent)
- Company-paid Employee Assistance Program for our employees and their immediate family members
- A 401(k) plan with a company match
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job responsibility satisfactorily. This job description is not to be construed as all inclusive. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related task as requested. Reasonable accommodations may be considered and implemented to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We conduct both drug testing and background screening. We are an E-Verify participant.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.