Strong preference provided to candidates local to Colorado; relocation assistance/consideration not provided
Position resides in Corporate office (in office setting; not remote)
Join our TEAM! Brundage-Bone Concrete Pumping, Capital Pumping LP and Eco-Pan, Inc. (also known as Concrete Pumping Holdings – the holdings company NASDAQ: BBCP) has an immediate opening for a full-time HR Administrator in our corporate office based in Thornton, CO. Reporting to the SVP of Human Resources, this position is responsible for system/record keeping, processing background screens and related pre-employment paperwork, new hires (and related E-verify efforts), unemployment claims, employment verifications, reporting, and special projects under the direction of the SVP, Human Resources.
The HR team is current comprised of the SVP of HR, Benefits Manager, Senior Benefits Specialist/Analyst and two HR Generalists. A self-starter, hard-working individual who is a great cultural fit will round out the current team.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Process pre-employment background and drug screening requests in a timely manner. Provide notification to hiring manager of results.
- Record and maintain accurate data for each employee in HR system and related record keeping systems.
- Actively participate in the implementation and administration of upgraded HR/Payroll systems.
- Ensure utilization of employee and manager self-service portals.
- Demonstrate sound level of knowledge of HR systems and leverage systems to identify opportunities to gain efficiencies and migration to a paperless environment (pre-employment paperwork, new hire processing, employee records)
- Update and maintain HR forms for all entities; consolidate new entities into corporate form standards.
- Work closely with other HR Generalist members to ensure proper cross training exists for all entities/systems/processes.
- Administer and respond to unemployment insurance claims in a timely manner; partner with appropriate HR member when submitting termination for cause responses or denial of unemployment claims.
- Perform both verbal and written employment and DOT verifications.
- Administer and provide reports in a timely basis (employee referral program, census maintenance, headcount, ad-hoc reports, etc.).
- Immediately escalate all risk situations or special inquiries to SVP of HR.
- Serve as a customer-service minded resource for all employees by being available and accessible to discuss human resources related issues.
- Maintain confidentiality of information at all times.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- This position does not supervise other employees.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a human resources support position; HR certification preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Strong technical skills including intermediate Excel skills
- HR system administration skills preferred.
- Knowledge of personnel policies, recordkeeping requirements, procedures, practices and general employment laws preferred
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail, excellent critical thinking skills, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment; ability to prioritize among competing duties/projects.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including customer service/relationship management skills.
- Demonstrated skills in persuasion and consensus-building.
- Experience working with a diverse workforce.
- Flexible, dependable, confident and accountable.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Works in an indoor office relatively free from environmental conditions or hazards.
- Use of office equipment and computers.
- Occasional lifting of supplies and materials from time to time.
- Positions in this class typically include extended sedentary positions, talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, movement and repetitive motions.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The incumbent selected for this position is eligible for a base salary range of $50,000 - $60,000 (depending on experience) plus a discretionary bonus. We are pleased to offer a comprehensive benefits program to our valued employees and your family members. In the following pages, you will learn more about the benefits available to you, including:
- Bundled medical plan with dental AND vision coverage
- Telehealth for virtual doctor visits at no charge
- Company-paid life and AD&D insurance for employees; Company-paid life insurance for our employee’s spouse/children
- Voluntary life and AD&D insurance for employees and their spouse/children
- Voluntary short-term or long-term disability
- Company-funded health savings account
- Voluntary dependent/elder care flexible spending account (elder must be an IRS tax dependent)
- Company-paid Employee Assistance Program for our employees and their immediate family members
- A 401(k) plan with a company match
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job responsibility satisfactorily. This job description is not to be construed as all inclusive. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related task as requested. Reasonable accommodations may be considered and implemented to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.