Recruiting Manager Opportunity
Strong preference provided to candidates local to Colorado; relocation assistance/consideration not provided
Position resides in Corporate office (in office setting; not remote)
Join our TEAM! Brundage-Bone Concrete Pumping, Capital Pumping LP and Eco-Pan, Inc. (also known as Concrete Pumping Holdings – the holdings company NASDAQ: BBCP) has an immediate opening for a full-time, experienced, Recruiting Manager in our corporate office based in Thornton, CO. Reporting to the SVP of Human Resources, this single position recruiting function is responsible for providing recruiting services to all hiring managers/teams across our US operations (90+ locations; 1,000 + employees). Key responsibilities include designing and launching our hiring strategy in order to proactively develop a pipeline of qualified applicants while securing and maintaining records administration processes across the organization.
The HR team is current comprised of the SVP of HR, Benefits Manager, Senior Benefits Specialist/Analyst and two HR Generalists. A self-starter, hard-working individual who is a great cultural fit will round out the current team.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Develop a talent acquisition strategy that includes a continuous process of recruitment, particularly for operational roles (i.e., Operators, Mechanics).
- Develop and maintain a pipeline of qualified candidates to fill positions more quickly and beat out competitors for top talent.
- Develop an effective job requisition process (and create related electronic forms), applicant database tracking, and related reporting (i.e., source of hire, time to fill, cost to fill, affirmative action plan tracking, etc.).
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with hiring managers and interviewing teams across organization.
- Identify staffing needs across each branch/location.
- Partner with hiring managers to develop effective recruiting campaigns.
- Organize candidate agendas/interviews (including organizing virtual interviews, as needed); assist in the evaluation of job candidates.
- Draft offer letters/packages for select positions; monitor job offers and compensation practices.
- Verify references and/or organize relocation efforts, as applicable.
- Identify high performing job posting forums (i.e., social media job posting sites, job boards, state level job boards, radio, college/university career centers, trade schools, career fairs, conferences, etc.).
- Coordinate participation in fitting career fairs and related company/applicant materials.
- Promote the organization as an employer-of-choice; highlight benefit offerings.
- Leverage company website career pages, develop internal job board/announcement process and build upon successes of employer referral programs.
- Fulfill state-mandated requirements for job posting activity as well as compliance/reporting requirements related to affirmative action plan (AAP) administration. Compile AAP reporting and fulfil established hiring goals/targets.
- Avoid legal challenges by understanding current legislation, enforcing regulations with managers, recommending new procedures, and conducting training.
- Identify select external recruiting partners for unique/hard to fill positions. Negotiate placement pricing and retention terms. Effectively manage advertising/recruiting budget.
- Partner with HR Generalists to ensure pre-employment and onboarding processes are seamless and timely.
- Partner with Senior Benefits Specialist/Analyst to review turnover dashboard and related analytics.
- Actively participate in the implementation and administration of upgraded HR/Payroll systems. Ensure utilization of applicant tracking database and self-service portals. Demonstrate expert level knowledge of HR systems and leverage systems to identify opportunities to gain efficiencies and migration to a paperless environment.
- Update and maintain current job descriptions across organization.
- Serve as a customer-service minded resource for all employees/managers by being available and accessible to discuss recruiting related matters.
- Continually update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications and participating in professional organizations. Build a robust network of contacts in the concrete industry.
- Maintain confidentiality of information at all times.
- This position does not supervise other employees at this time.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a recruiting capacity, including multi-site/state.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience recruiting in the construction industry strongly preferred.
- Strong application tracking system implementation and administration experience including prior affirmative action plan administration.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail, excellent critical thinking skills, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment; ability to prioritize among competing duties/projects.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including customer service/relationship management skills.
- Demonstrated skills in persuasion and consensus-building.
- Experience working with a diverse workforce.
- Flexible, dependable, confident and accountable.
- Ability to collect and interpret data-based measurements to demonstrate the effectiveness or opportunities of the recruitment systems/processes from position opening to onboarding.
- Ability to travel (on a limited basis) to career fairs, trade shows or company locations.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Works in an indoor office relatively free from environmental conditions or hazards.
- Use of office equipment and computers.
- Occasional lifting of supplies and materials from time to time.
- Positions in this class typically include extended sedentary positions, talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, movement and repetitive motions.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The incumbent selected for this position is eligible for a base salary range of $70,000 - $75,000 (depending on experience) plus a discretionary bonus. We are pleased to offer a comprehensive benefits program to our valued employees and your family members. In the following pages, you will learn more about the benefits available to you, including:
- Bundled medical plan with dental AND vision coverage
- Telehealth for virtual doctor visits at no charge
- Company-paid life and AD&D insurance for employees; Company-paid life insurance for our employee’s spouse/children
- Voluntary life and AD&D insurance for employees and their spouse/children
- Voluntary short-term or long-term disability
- Company-funded health savings account
- Voluntary dependent/elder care flexible spending account (elder must be an IRS tax dependent)
- Company-paid Employee Assistance Program for our employees and their immediate family members
- A 401(k) plan with a company match
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job responsibility satisfactorily. This job description is not to be construed as all inclusive. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related task as requested. Reasonable accommodations may be considered and implemented to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We conduct both drug testing and background screening. We are an E-Verify participant.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.